sau
sau

Yeah, a completely worthless analogy. I”ve seen this story about this supposed Texas Tech professor and it’s just another urban myth.But … there was another economics professor at Texas Tech who never failed a single individual student, but once really did fail an entire class. You see, the whole class took the position that if you permitted completely unregulated capitalism, then you’d end up with an active and productive economy with everyone sharing in the general prosperity.So the professor set a test for the following week. And during that week he prepared a really difficult exam. And, then, the day before the exam he called a meeting of about 10% of the class and gave each of those students an answer sheet containing all the answers to the exam. The other students complained loudly but the professor said that the answers were his property and he was entitled to hand them down to his children … I mean, his favoured students.So the exam took place and 90% of the class failed, as expected. And the other 10% all got A++. So the students that failed, well they had to flunk out as they lost their financial support or scholarships because they couldn’t maintain their grade averages (due to the F on the midterm test). And the other students who got the A++, well they continued to get A+ on the next term tests and - before the end of the year - they quit school and got some cushy jobs in the financial industry (starting at $250k a year) through some well placed friends of the professor.So by the end of the year no one was left and the professor had to fail the entire class.Well the favoured 10%, who had everything given to them by a simple accident of chance, they congratulated themselves on just how smart and hardworking each of them was, and how richly they deserved their success. The other students - the other 90% - well they had every reason to be upset but business leaders and politicians told them that success in a capitalist system was the product solely of hard work and skill and that - even though others were given all the answers and advantages - there really was an even playing field. And after a while they heard that so often that they actually began to believe it.